Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Challenge Day 16: My Veiw on Mainstream Music

When I was in high school and college I loved being on the edge of the mainstream. I would much rather listen to a random garage band cd then turn on the station. Now that I'm older and Fter having worked on a farm my tastes have changed. I actually really enjoy country music and some pop. Also I feel safe playing that sort of music in the car around my kids. There is a lot of music that is played in the radio that I honestly believe is hurting our youth. Rap songs and some pop singers that glorify things like violence, money, and sex. I'm no Nancy Reagan that feels we need parental warnings and these artists silenced but I do feel that parents need a much more active role in what their children are exposed to. And children need to be taught morals and the difference between the real world and what they see on the screen or hear on the radio.

No comments:

Post a Comment