Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Challenge Day 1: Relationship



30 day blog challenge day 1: relationship

I am married for five years this year. 5 years... Half a decade. When I met my husband I didn't even want to date. I was newly divorced (although my ex and I had been separated for more than a year and a half) and newly single from an abusive relationship. I met my husband at a party and while I was physically attracted to him, I played aloof. I was apparently irresistible and he chased. Our first date was watching Avatar and making out in a friend's garage. Beyond a few days here and there we have been inseparable ever since. Our first date was June 4. He proposed July 31. We married November 27. We have welcomed two sons and mourned the early loss of another child. We rarely argue and in five years I can think of only one actual fight. We fit each other. He is quiet and a hard worker. I am overly social and relentless. We like the same movies, music, lazy Sundays. It's not always perfect but I couldn't imagine any other life for myself or the family we have created. I remember after my first divorce thinking how I would never be happy. How marriage was a sham and  how I refused to be a part of it ever again. I'm thankful each day that my husband changed my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment