Monday, June 22, 2015

Challenge Day 5: Favorite Comfort Foods and Why

I love fall comfort foods. The soups and pumpkin-flavored everything and the zucchini breads. Even though I live in a part of the country where we don't get fall per se I love that time of year. The colors of leaves changing on the trees that have leaves change, the wild grapes ripening, the breezes that we get a little more often. When I was in college I got to actually experience fall and it was everything I ever hoped for! Even now in the middle of our summer (although technically summer just began according to the calendar) I have broccoli cheddar soup in the crockpot and writing this post makes me wish for the fall leaves, Halloween, my birthday, Thanksgiving, my wedding anniversary, and the promise of Christmas on the horizon!

No comments:

Post a Comment