Thursday, June 18, 2015

Challenge day 2: Where would I Like to Be in 10 Years


Today is an interesting writing prompt. 10 years is a long time from now but if I stay in the same career field and it can relatively quickly. The decade that was my 20s flew by and I am sure my 30s will go even faster. In 10 years Baby Thor will be a teenager! And in high school!! Baby Hulk will be 11 (middle school). I want one last baby in the next two years or so and that superhero will be in school. I am hoping by that point we are in a new house or have made the necessary additions to fit everyone into our little 1000sq ft home. (Third world problem) I am assuming my marriage and family will still be happy, healthy, and intact.
As for career I am just truly beginning my career as a teacher. Last year my long term sub job turned into a full year as a teacher but this year I will have my own class for every day from the beginning of August until May. I hope to have my Masters in 10 years and at this point I still see myself teaching. And enjoying my job. Hubby is quitting his job to become a teacher as well and I hope that in 10 years we can spend summer vacation traveling in our old Shasta and visiting National Parks and faraway places.
I hope in 10 years I have hobbies that are fulfilling not just of my time but also in my soul. I hope to get better at knitting and sewing. I hope in 10 years I can get back into volunteering and can make more of a contribution than my money does at this point. I hope in 10 years I look in the mirror and can do more than nit-pick at the miracle that three pregnancies and two births have done to transform my body. That I can ignore the flaps of skin and extra weight and just be at ease in myself.
Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

No comments:

Post a Comment