Friday, June 26, 2015

Challenge Day 9: If You Could Have Any Job In the World

I love being a teacher! I love the hours and the vacation time. I love the smell of pencils and textbooks. I love the excitement of the first day and the excitement of the last. I love watching students evolve and change throughout the year. It is a dream job and I am three years in when they say most teachers don't make it past five.
However, I have always wanted to be a large animal vet. As a child I would volunteer at the animal shelter. In college after deciding journalism pay wasn't going to make me rich I got my degree in animal science and pre-bet medicine. I worked on a sheep farm. I have worked in many a vet clinic as an assistant and tech. I have worked for a humane society. I would love to be a female James Herriot traveling the English country side delivering calves and inoculating sheep. I hope once I retire I can have my own farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment